Your living room is the cornerstone of the home. From hanging out with friends to kicking it up on your own, you want it to be relaxed and comfortable. But that shouldn’t come at the expense of style!
Designing a modern living room is easier than you think.
There are lots of ways to create a look that is practical and stylish all at once.
When it comes to living room furniture, there are a few items that can only be described as essential. If you choose this pieces well, they will act as a base for your living room and form an anchor for all your other design ideas.
1. A Classic Couch: When it comes to your living room, the couch is likely the biggest investment you’ll make. Get your money’s worth opting for a upholstered sofa that is both relaxed and sophisticated; this way it can be styled a variety of ways over time.
3. Area Rug – While they can stand alone as rugs, they can also be layered over other rugs and textiles, making them well worth the price.
2. Console – Choosing to invest in a console is worth the money because depending on how you style it — the table can be used as a media unit, placed behind your sofa, or in an entry way if your home’s layout changes.
4. Leather Chair – Get a rich, sophisticated look with leather that’s easy to maintain and won’t stain. Resilient, stylish and versatile, it’s an option that will be a stylish piece in your home for years to come.
5. Ottoman – This playful piece adds interest to a living room. It makes a perfect footrest, extra table or even an extra seat – it’s great for sitting on. Soft, with no hard edges, it’s also easy on little heads that might bump into it!
Here are a few items to help achieve a stylish design in your living room.